What you need to make Paper Mache Eggs...
- Paper mache paste (learn how to make it on our Paper Mache Crafts page)
- one inch strips of newspaper
- shallow, wide tin
- paint and paint brushes
1. Pour your paper mache base into the shallow, wide tin (or other shallow container).
2. Blow up the balloon you'll be working on and stick it to the table with tape. You can make large eggs or small ones, depending on how much you inflate the balloon.
3. Dip your strips of newspaper into the paste and carefully place them on the balloon. Keep going until the balloon is completely covered.
4. Leave the balloon to dry - it's usually best left overnight.
5. Paint your paper mache egg in the color of your choice, allowing the paint to dry and adding patterns if you wish.
5. Finally, create a lovely shiny finish by applying Shellac... and there you have it - wonderful, colorful eggs that won't break.